Sunday, July 1, 2012

Going After the Master Som Licences

Since the last post many things have changed. The real estate bubble burst, Lehman went bankrupt, we elected a black president, I became a United State Citizen, and a father. I am now, and for the last 5 years, working full time for my parents' restaurant: Bleu Provence in Naples, FL. I am the floor manager, and the sommelier.
Lately I have been working on improving my work performance, and while I have made strides in managing co-workers, I decided it was time to take the sommelier experience to the next level. After being suggested multiple times to go for the Master Som licences, I studied the question seriously, and finally decided to take a crack at it.
It will be a long, and difficult process which will require patience, discipline, and perseverance.
I can't hide the fact that I am very excited, and highly motivated. In the last 5 years wine has taken and much bigger dimension into my life, we have even opened up a wine store next to the restaurant (bleucellars.com). These sommelier licences should prove to be  valuable assets for the rest of my career in the food and wine industry.
I plan to use this blog to come up with wine pairing, and give you as many tips on wine in general, wine buying, or even wine investing, as possible.
I will be honored to share my experiences throughout this process with you over the next four years. My first examination will be on August 8th, after 2 days of classes with Master Sommelier Virginia Philip of the Breakers, West Palm.


No comments: