Friday, June 1, 2007

Monthly Portfolio Performance Report

I know it has been a while, but it was a good while. Markets are going in only one direction and it’s up…for now. We just went through a great month of May the DOW was the biggest gainer with + 4.5% followed by the S&P +3.33% who set new record highs for the first time since 2000, and the NASDAQ +3.12%.

As far as my holdings go, this is the first time this year I failed to beat the DOW, my portfolio had a + 4.4% return, due to a slight down turn in gold prices, but my YTD (year to date) return is still far above the markets (+17.38% compared with +9.52% for the DOW). My performance for May was as such:

GOOG: +7.40%

NUAN: +9.21%

MRK: +3.00%

EEM: +4.92%

VLCM: +2.95%

GLD: -2.56%

COP: +11.58%

For June I think there should be a slight correction in energy prices, at least until we see the first hurricane come through the Gulf of Mexico, and I would take a good look a tech and semi-conductors in particular, since a few of them are back to 2005 levels, right before they had a real good run up.

Good luck out there.

No comments: