Thursday, March 1, 2007

Monthly Portfolio Performance Report

Well it’s the beginning of a new month and I want to keep sharing how I did. Plus it keeps me honest about my stocks.

  • GLD +2.27%
  • COP –0.53%
  • EEM –3.47%
  • VLCM +13.03%
  • GOOG –10.06%
  • MRK –0.69%
  • NUAN +22.67%

For a total weighted gain of +2.17%

Not that my biggest gainers were my smallest cap companies and that I am expecting a reversing trend for the month of March. I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up giving back most of these gains. I expect a lot of red ink this month, down 1.1% on the first day, and probably continue to slide until the fed decides to lower the rates hopefully in May.

I hope Google will bottom out, and energy prices will help lift Conoco.
I still think Merk is a not fully valued, the new drugs coming out indicates great potential, I think most analyst underestimate the sales the will generate.
Nuance has made an other acquisition, and I still expect a lot of upside down the road, and Volcom is just getting started its European growth, and I have a strong feeling the Volcom culture will integrate itself well. European youth will receive well this type of “we’re not the big bag corporations” attitude.

I do plan to take advantage of recent events to add a position, the bargains will be out there, I have a real interest for the financial industry, but I have not yet ruled anything out.

No comments: